Security Assured Terms & Conditions
- Name of supplier
- Security Assured Limited of 38A Goldstone Villas Hove BN3 3RS (we or us in these terms and conditions) shall be supplying the goods and services to you.
- What is to be provided to you by us
- We and you have agreed that we will supply to you the goods and services described on Rest Assured – Security Assured Ltd (security-assured.co.uk)
- Price (and VAT)
- The price for the items is as stated on the order page Rest Assured – Security Assured Ltd (security-assured.co.uk) (inclusive of VAT).
- When payment is to be made
- You will need to make payment at the time you place your order OR when you receive our invoice. Please note that we will not be able to deliver the items OR perform the services until we have received payment (and this means that where you have paid by cheque or by credit or debit card, the funds have reached our bank account).
5 Power supply and certification
240v un-switched fused spur is to be present on the day of installation so that the system in-
Line with a grade 2 standard, which enables Security Assured Limited to be able to produce an
NSI Gold certificate of approval.
- When delivery will be made
- Our aim is to deliver the goods and perform the installation services within 30 days of acceptance of your order. It will not always be possible to do this, and we and you agree that we cannot guarantee we will deliver the goods and perform the services within 30 days. In respect of the maintenance services, we aim to complete the work on time, but it is not always possible to do so, for example where delay is caused by weather conditions or circumstances which are outside our control. If this situation occurs our aim is to complete the work as soon as we reasonably can.
This Contract shall continue for an initial period of 12 months from the date of conclusion of the contract by you and us. Thereafter it shall automatically continue for successive 12-month periods (each a renewal period) on the same terms and conditions unless and until terminated by either of us giving 3 month’s written notice of cancellation to the other. Such notice cannot be given after the 14-day cooling off period and before the expiry of the initial period of 12 months.
- Cancellation rights
8.1 You can cancel this contract within 14 days of your receiving the items. The 14-day period starts on the day after you receive the items. For installation and maintenance services within 14 days of conclusion of the contract by you and us. The 14-day period starts on the day after the contract is concluded. Please note that you cannot cancel the contract completely once we have started to perform the installation service, or where you have agreed to us starting to perform the services before the end of the 14 days. In such circumstances you will need to pay for the services we have provided to you until the point you cancel the contract.
8.2 If you wish to return the items, you must send them to us. You will normally be responsible for the cost of sending the items back. Alternatively, we can collect the items from you, but you will have to pay the cost of us collecting the goods.
8.3 To cancel the contract you can use the form we provide. Alternatively, you may use another method of communication (such as an email, letter or by telephone or by calling in at our office). Our contact details for where to send the letter are in clause 9 below.
8.4 For the goods; once you have cancelled the contract and we have received the goods (or you supply evidence that you have returned the goods) we will refund the amount you paid to us (including the cost of delivery of the goods from us to you) within 14 days (starting with the day after we received the goods or you have supplied evidence that you have returned the goods). We may not return some or all what you paid to us in the following circumstances:
8.4.1 if you had chosen a method of delivery of the items other than our normal delivery service (in which case we retain the amount you paid for delivery in excess of our normal delivery service charge);
8.4.2 if your handling of the items went beyond what you might be able to carry out if you were handling the goods in a shop (then we will deduct by how much the value of the goods have diminished);
8.4.3 where you have returned the items directly to us (we will not pay for the costs you incurred in so doing).
8.5 For services; once you have expressly asked us to commence performing the services before the end of the cancellation period of 14 days and you have cancelled the contract during that period, we will refund the amount you paid to us within 14 days (starting with the day after you cancelled the contract). We will return the amount by the same method of payment that you used to pay for the services, except we will deduct from the amount you paid the value of any the services performed up to the date you cancelled.
9 Contact details
9.1 Our address is 38A Goldstone Villas Hove BN3 3RS. Other contact details: 02080161240
9.2 Complaints or comments: If you have any complaints about the goods or services or any aspect of the way we have dealt with your order please contact Chris Bollard, Director, either by writing to the address given in clause 8.1, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.3 Cancellation or returns: If you wish to return items ordered or wish to cancel the contract, letters or other communications should normally be addressed to Chris Bollard, Director, either by writing to the address given in clause 8.1, by email to email@example.com
10 Alternative goods or services
- From time to time, it may not be possible to supply the [items OR services] that you have ordered. If this occurs, we will provide substitute [items OR services] of an equivalent quality and price to those we are unable to provide. If you choose to cancel the contract, we will pay the cost of returning the substitute goods.
- We provide the following guarantee for the product that you have ordered from us: we guarantee that the product will be free from any defects for 12 months from the date of purchase. If the product has a defect within this period, you can choose whether to have it replaced or repaired, subject to the following sentence. If the defect is minor in our reasonable opinion, and you selected to have the product replaced, we reserve the right to repair the item instead of replacing it. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
12 Ownership of goods
- We shall own the goods until we have received payment in full from you, even though we may have already delivered the goods to you. Where you have paid by cheque or credit or debit card, ‘payment in full’ means that the funds have reached our bank account.
13 Acceptance of orders
- Your order through our web site will only be accepted by us when we send to you an email confirming that we have accepted your order. Until you receive that email there will not be a binding contract between you and us. Any information on our web site, or your filling in details or clicking any button or icon indicating you are making an order does not, and is not intended to, constitute a binding contract between you and us. Only on our sending the confirming email will we be entering into a binding contract with you.
14 Limitation of liability
14.1 for goods: We are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract. If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered, are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem. We would normally expect that you would tell us within 10 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
14.2 If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall normally have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem. We would normally expect that you would tell us within [specify] days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
14.3 If you notify a problem to us under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
14.2.1 to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
14.2.2 to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
14.2.3 to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question as per clause 13.3.3 above
14.4 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
14.5 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
14.6 for services: We aim to carry out the services with reasonable care and skill. If any part of the services is performed negligently or in breach of the provisions of this agreement then, on your request, we will re-perform the relevant part of the services. We will not be liable to re-perform any part of the services which we have performed negligently or in breach of this contract unless you notify us in writing to our contact address.
14.7 Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our liability under or in connection with this contract whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever shall not exceed the price you have paid us.
14.8 Except to the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any negligence or breach of the contract on our part and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the price you have paid to us.
15 These terms and conditions are binding
- Our intention is that these terms and conditions will set out the agreement between you and us. The agreement is a contract and is binding on both you and us. Before you enter into a contract with us, please read all of these terms and conditions carefully. Make sure that they contain all that the matters you would like to see and does not contain any matters which you do not agree with. If you would like to see any changes, please let us know, preferably in writing. You can find our contact details in clause 8 above.
16 Law and jurisdiction
- The terms and conditions are governed by English law and you and we will submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17 Third parties
- This contract does not allow any person, other than you and us, to enforce any terms and conditions (for the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
If you are in breach of this Contract and/or fail to make payments due, we may take steps to recover outstanding sums and/or remedy the breach and reserve the right to charge you for the disbursements and legal costs incurred by us in doing so together with the sums outstanding.